Exercise Specialist - Cardiac Rehab
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 17409
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
Responsible for providing wellness assessments, individual or group exercise programs, program development, program implementation, instruction and guidance following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients. Ensures quality of service.
- Makes recommendations and assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in a positive manner.
- Assesses patients and provides ongoing reassessments in regard to exercise physiology and clinical data to develop an interdisciplinary plan of care. Conducts wellness assessments including sub maximal cardiovascular, strength, endurance, flexibility and body composition for patient/clients.
- Participates through a team approach in the development and implementation of a treatment plan.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, and consistently documents participant/program data in the designated areas.
- Makes recommendations relative to acquisition of new equipment and needs for space. Coordinates activities with other rehab medicine services and other hospital departments.
- Instructs patients, family members, and caregivers on home exercise programs and self-care.
- Develops, implements and participates in educational in-services.
- Develops, implements, participates and assists in external wellness and health activities/programs targeting specific populations.
- Designs exercise programs based on wellness assessment data that establishes position on exercise continuum.
- Assists in writing health promotion articles and program information for various publications as appropriate.
- Counsels patients/clients on testing results, including establishing appropriate fitness & health improvement goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise noted)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year degree program in exercise science, Physical Education, Wellness or other health related field.
- One year of clinical experience in a Health/Wellness/Physical Rehabilitation program preferred.
- Knowledge of exercise testing protocols. Knowledge of indications/contra-indications of exercise and health training techniques and administration.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.