PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Manager Behavioral Health for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Under the direct supervision of the Director Service Lines -Behavioral Health, the Clinical Manager of Behavioral Health provides leadership, coordination, and clinical supervision to a multidisciplinary mental health team. Responsible for the provision of exceptional, trauma-informed, and evidence-based care. Coordinates the day-to-day functions of the clinic/program ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines are met and service excellence is provided in all aspects of work. Scope of work includes program implementation, quality improvement, quality assurance, and program strategy.
- Demonstrates PeaceHealth’s mission, purpose, and core values in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders.
- In alignment with the Behavioral Health Service Line’s Strategic Plan, acts as the clinical authority of the program and establishes clinical systems and standards of care from a culturally accountable and trauma informed clinical lens.
- Maintains proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems to meet and exceed the clinical and financial goals of the clinic/program.
- Manages all clinic staff, assigns tasks, schedules, approves time off, and provides training, direction, performance evaluations, and performance-related counseling as appropriate.
- Continually communicates with community partners and key stakeholders to ensure the continuity of care for persons served.
- Ensures program functions smoothly within the larger behavioral health system by building and maintaining relationships across all related programs in the network.
- Oversees documentation by clinical staff and is responsible for the adherence to State and County documentation requirements. Provides regular clinical supervision and evaluation of assigned staff. Conducts and facilitates regular meetings and huddles with staff to ensure efficient flow of information and to recognize and resolve organization or procedural problems in a timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of all matters related to clinic operations, including (but not limited to) managed care, patient billing, confidentiality protocols, and disseminates information to staff on a regular and timely basis, providing training in these areas to newly hired staff and serving as a resource and facilitator for ongoing training to existing staff.
- Provides regular reports to the Director Services Lines - Behavioral Health in order to ensure efficient and effective operations of the clinic/program. Compiles statistical information, as necessary, or as requested.
- Maintains a small caseload. Diagnoses, assesses and addresses mental health conditions. Performs risk assessments for suicidality, homicidality and grave disability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of four years of increasing responsible leadership experience in the development and/or administration of behavioral health services; including at least one year of significant responsibility for personnel and clinical services.
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience with designated population. Hospital, emergency room, chemical dependency, or community agency experience preferred.
- Expert understanding of culturally appropriate, trauma-informed care
- Expert understanding of DSM-5; experience in the implementation of evidence-based care models.
- Current state license in Clinical Social Work or other Masters’ level related mental health discipline.
- Experience and alignment with a culture of collaborative leadership.
- Ability to balance reflective and directive leadership styles.
- Knowledge of community resources, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance requirements relative to continuity of care.
- Knowledge of Excel and ability to oversee many aspects of budget utilization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Experience with EPIC or other electronic health record system
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.