PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Inpatient PD - Patient Care Support for a Per Diem 0.000001 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $42.59, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum 1 year or more of recent continuous critical care experience, completion of a critical care intern/ residency program, or 3 years in an acute care setting with 400 hours in a critical care unit within the previous year.
- Independent in responding to Rapid Response calls. Must have been a Rapid Responder in the last 12 months.
- Critical care nursing experience preferred.
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements.
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification at time of hire.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) at time of hire.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.