PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - ICU for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** $5000 sign-on bonus **
- A $5,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
- A comprehensive, employee focused benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and a successful wellness program that has helped position PeaceHealth as the #1 Healthiest Employer in WA.
- Hourly compensation that starts at $42.59, more depending on experience, degree, and relevant certifications.
- Generous shift differentials.
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey.
- A mission driven culture that consistently demonstrates its core values of Respect for Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital on the Magnet journey. Located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area, Vancouver is a central location where you can take advantage of city amenities or the lush landscape, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities. An ideal location for foodies and outdoor enthusiasts alike, and just a short drive to numerous charming coastal towns along the Pacific Ocean.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum 1 year or more of recent continuous critical care experience, completion of a critical care intern/ residency program, or 3 years in an acute care setting with 400 hours in a critical care unit within the previous year.
- Critical care nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements. National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) within 12 months of hire.
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) certification preferred.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Southwest Medical Center:
- ICU – Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP. Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnormalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological assessments/scales.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.