PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician - Central Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The position will work 4, 10 hour shifts, Friday - Monday.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** $2500 sign-on bonus **
- A $2500 sign-on bonus.
- A comprehensive, employee focused benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and a successful wellness program that has helped position PeaceHealth as the #1 Healthiest Employer in WA.
- Hourly compensation that starts at $18.87, more depending on experience.
- Generous shift differentials.
- A mission driven culture that consistently demonstrates its core values of Respect for Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice.
Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays and packs.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) month’s experience as a Sterile Processing Technician, or completion of a Sterile Processing Technician Course, or CRCST/CBSPD certified. Three (3) month’s experience as a Veterinary Technician, Dental Technician, Surgical Support Aide, or other medical related technician role whose responsibilities included cleaning, decontaminating, and sterilizing surgical instrumentation may also be considered.
- Completion of a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician preferred.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD, or other nationally recognized certifying body required within one year of hire.
- If working in PHMG Ambulatory Surgery Center in Bellingham:
- In lieu of above certification must have:
- Course completion and current Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor certification by the Certification Board for Sterile Process and Distribution (CBSPD)
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.