PeaceHealth is seeking a Data Analyst - Quality Analytics for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position can be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide High-Speed Internet access. Caregiver must reside in OR, WA, or AK.
Responsible for understanding the reporting and analytic needs, systems and tools used for clinical and operational purposes within PeaceHealth. Serves as a consultant for data analysis and reporting promoting the appropriate and efficient use of data and information. Maintains knowledge of healthcare processes and information documented in PeaceHealth’s tools and systems as well as comprehensive knowledge of the data and information contained in clinical and operational applications, data warehouse and non-warehouse databases.
- Queries and combines data from a variety of sources; generates reports and conducts research to support decision making. Works closely with key stake holders to understand potential data issues and recommends solutions to meet organizational goals.
- Works with caregivers to understand data storage, retrieval systems, to extract and combine data appropriately to address both standard and ad hoc reporting needs. Develops tables, charts and graphs as necessary for enhancing interpretation and information display.
- Partners with key stakeholders to identify/clarify customer’s needs, business definitions, business rules and information specifications. Provides data interpretation, creates/maintains self-serve model, and provides recommendations to facilitate decision making.
- Partners to develop systems to monitor data quality, integrity, diagnose programs and implements solutions. Builds and maintains storage of non-warehouse data. Uses appropriate software programs and tools, including statistical packages and programming languages to query, process, analyze data and automate reports. Understands the clinical concepts and process flow that generate the data being analyzed and recommends appropriate measurement methods and study questions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the issues in the use and proper handling of sensitive information including the requirements for release both to internal and external sources.
- Effectively presents findings of analysis both in written and verbal form to clinical and administrative groups in a clear and coherent manner transferring understanding in a way that is accurate and actionable.
- Identifies and recommends internal improvement opportunities and contributes in making these improvements utilizing sound quality improvement techniques, methods and tools.
- Provides assistance troubleshooting reports and help desk support for end users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Research, Healthcare or related field required; equivalent education and training may substitute.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years analytic experience to include experience with statistical methods of aggregation, averaging, etc, and business intelligence/query/reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, SQL, TSQL, Visual Basic, SSRS, and Microsoft Office analysis tools.
- Experience with retrieving and displaying data in usable formats that are actionable from a customer’s perspective
- In-depth knowledge of data base query principles and architecture
- Experience with the application of coding systems (ICD9, DRG, CPT) is preferred.
- Medical Terminology, Anatomy/Physiology or Physical Science is preferred
- Experience facilitating complex projects and project specific discussions to caregivers with diverse professional backgrounds
- Preferred Certifications are: Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) and/or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based (CCSP)
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License and can meet criteria for insurance coverage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.