PeaceHealth is seeking a Foundations Assistant for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides ongoing administrative, planning and executive support of a highly complex and confidential nature for foundation leaders. Assists in meeting specialized goals, and contributes to the achievement of the organization’s vision, mission and strategic objectives by providing special project and executive support. Supports leaders by managing calendars, correspondence, meeting and agenda preparation, interfaces with foundation board members, while providing business solutions and associated services to philanthropic projects. Works with high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and corporations. Networks extensively with many of the organization’s leadership and health system stakeholders and represents their leader and the health system in a positive and professional manner.
- Independently, or in consultation with their supervisor, develops plans needed to carry out assigned projects and activities; establishes methods and schedules to implement and maintain activities for the leader. Exercises extensive independent judgment to reflect and match leader’s leadership style.
- Facilitates and performs administrative functions in support of meetings of executive groups (board, committees, campaigns) as assigned. Support activities include timely collection and preparation of draft agendas; prioritizing items in consultation with executive to finalize agenda; dissemination of meeting materials; coordination of meeting records, evaluations and follow-up reports.
- Oversees the coordination of the office of the leader they support. Assures a logical flow for scheduling of activities, including preparation and planning time. Works independently to schedule meetings, travel and outside commitments. Assures that the leader has the materials needed for meeting obligations in advance of appointments through maintenance of confidential department files.
- Composes and coordinates writing, editing and communications tasks. This includes initiating and drafting correspondence; recording minutes of meetings and conference calls; compiling information and preparing summary reports; overseeing and prioritizing incoming or outgoing mail and messages and preparing information for presentation or publication. Exercises independent judgment and decision-making in handling incoming and outbound information and material.
- Supports the leader through positive communications and relations with internal and external customers in an environment that is open and inviting. Maintains relationships with, and responds to, contacts from internal and external customers (such as internal leadership, board members, board committee members, consultants) and others related to the foundation with the purpose of exchanging information, scheduling meetings and communicating confidential and non-confidential matters.
- Interfaces with donors, granting agencies, and corporations.
- Oversees the coordination of foundation activities which includes, but not limited to, board retreats, educational forums, and board education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree preferably in English, liberal arts or related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Progressively responsible experience in planning, leading, and executing projects in a fast-paced customer service environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Independent, accurate, reliable, and can work successfully in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience using software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Sale Force, Teams, and Visio.
- Must possess critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player who has a commitment to, and passion for, the mission of PeaceHealth.
- Possesses the qualities of integrity, industry, and curiosity.
- Able to produce high quality productivity on a timely basis.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and maintain a team focus.
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30-80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.