PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Manager - Operating Room for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**$15,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
At PeaceHealth Riverbend, we're about creating exceptional an experience for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide possibilities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focusing on patient care. We are a mission driven culture that consistently demonstrates its core values of Respect for Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice. We are known for our specialty programs and clinical excellence. PeaceHealth Riverbend features renowned doctors in cancer care, neurosurgery, General Surgery, weight-loss surgery, robotic surgery, Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery and more. As a Level II Trauma center and the regional receiving hospital, we are the primary hospital for many of our patients needing routine to trauma surgeries. We have a state-of-the Art facility that takes care of patients from infants to geriatrics.
Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the Nurse Manager will coordinate activities on the nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations for a four room CVOR, including one hybrid OR, three inpatient endo suites, and 21 operating rooms. Services lines are Orthopedic, Neuro, ENT, Eyes, Pediatrics, Level 2 Trauma Center, Robotics, GYN, Oncology and Urology. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
The manager shares reporting duties with an assistant nurse manager and charge nurses to cover each service line. Great team dynamics with Perioperative Services and an active CNO who is bringing the entire organization to Magnet.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e., in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
SHMC Riverbend – Cardiovascular OR:
- Two years of cardiac RN experience preferred; standard number of years for general mgmt-whatever PH standard is) preferred.
SHMC RB- PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.