Offering a $5000 Sign On Bonus and a possible Relocation Assistance!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Social Worker - Hospice for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
- Providing direct casework services to clients related to their medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial assessment, assisting with long-term planning and decision making, crisis intervention and short-term therapy.
- Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired outcomes.
- Providing skilled social work services to patients and education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated, coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
- Coordinating social work services, collaborating and communicating with other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary team to assure an appropriate and smooth flow of care/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- Evaluating, reviewing, and revising the patient’s social work plan of care on a regular basis and, as clinically indicated, taking prompt action in response to changes in the patient’s health condition in collaboration with the case manager.
- As part of on-going discharge planning and care coordination, evaluating interventions and outcomes of social work services by reviewing goals set in plan of care utilizing plan of care and physician’s orders.
- Providing services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population and given area of clinical specialty and skill. May also provide services to pediatric population.
- Providing services to all patients utilizing appropriate universal infection control precautions and practices (standard and transmission based precautions), including individuals with communicable diseases.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provide skilled and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performing quality/outcome oriented home visits and other job duties according to Agency productivity standards.
- Proactively initiating and participating in patient care inter/multi-disciplinary case conferences and meetings, as well as education and in-service programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work required.
- Minimum of two year experience in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare, and social agencies is required.
- Commensurate with educational preparation, demonstrates the ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs for nursing care.
- BLS required.
- A valid applicable state driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
OR: License as required by State to practice as a Social Worker.
- Minimum requirement is LMSW (Licensed Masters Social Worker) or CSWA (Clinical Social Work Associate).
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) also meets licensure requirement but exceeds minimum requirement.
- Collaborative/cooperative working and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of patients and caregivers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible and able to function independently.
REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
PHOR – Office based Medical Social Worker (in addition to above Essential Functions):
- Assisting clinical staff with assessment of patients and facilitates communication with the IDT, physician and other members of the community healthcare team.
- Assisting staff with development of patient specific interdisciplinary care plans including skilled and non-skilled interventions, measurable and finite goals/outcomes and realistic/appropriate discharge plan.
- Assisting in coordinating services to ensure efficiency in the delivery of patient care services, Agency systems/operations, cost-effectiveness, and timely/accurate communication.
- Assisting in evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic health care/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager, MSW and primary physician.
This is a category II job classification per OSHA standards. Normal work involves no exposure to blood borne pathogens, but exposure may be occasionally required.
PEACE HARBOR – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.