Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Are you looking for your next adventure? Do you believe each patient deserves safe, evidence-based, and compassionate care? If so, Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield, Oregon might be the place for you! Our hospital is located alongside the beautiful McKenzie River (hence Riverbend!). Only minutes away from University of Oregon, you’ll experience the great combination of living near the city while taking in the fresh air and plush greenery the Pacific Northwest.
We are looking for an RN – ICU for Full-time 0.9, Nights to provide professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promoting a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99, more depending on experience.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Following the initial certification, caregivers will receive 4 CEU continuing education credits per year for trauma requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience on an acute care nursing unit preferred, but recent nursing graduates with ICU internship experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire. Following the initial certification, caregivers will receive 4 CEU continuing education credits per year for trauma requirements.
- NIHSS within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District:
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend:
- ICU – Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP. Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnormalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological assessments/scales.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator, and mask.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Great shift differentials.
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- PTO with no waiting period.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.