Come join our night shift pharmacist team in the beautiful Willamette Valley. As a 365 bed hospital we are supported by three night pharmacist caregivers. You will have the opportunity to build your skills in all the following areas-
- ED services 24/7
- Code response team
- Stroke response team
- Trauma response
- ICU/Critical Care Services
- Cardiac/STEMI Services
- NICU/Pediatric Services
- Support for Board Certification, we currently have 25 specialized caregivers on our team
- Residency and Student support
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for performing all necessary functions to ensure optimal use of medications to achieve specific outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life. Functions included in providing compassionate pharmaceutical care are both cognitive and medication distribution related and include: dispensing and distributing drugs; advising physicians and patients regarding proper usage of prescribed drugs; collaboration with other healthcare professional to plan, monitor, review and evaluate patient effectiveness; monitoring patients for side effects and drug interactions.
Details of the position:
- Reviews medication orders for appropriateness and accuracy including, but not limited to: contraindications, allergies, dose, route, frequency, duplicate therapy and formulary status.
- Interprets, clarifies and rectifies physician medication and IV orders, including the medication reconciliation process.
- Interprets, clarifies and rectifies prescriptions and selects medications for outpatient dispensing.
- Monitors all patients on specified target drugs and initiates pharmacokinetic dosing protocols.
- Evaluates drug therapy for appropriateness and makes drug therapy recommendations to clinician.
- Prescribes drug therapy per collaborative drug therapy management agreements/Medical Executive Committee approved protocols.
- Dispenses the final product for administration and performs patient counseling.
- Detect, monitor and report adverse drug events and medication errors (EIR).
- Supervise and train pharmacy technicians to assure accurate order entry, preparation and proper technique.
- Supervise and trains pharmacy interns and externs. May serve as preceptor for the intern or extern as defined by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Participate in development of drug protocols and clinical pathways.
- Perform drug usage evaluations on selected drugs and reports results to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. Completes quality assurance auditing as required for prescriptive authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS/PharmD degree required.
- Demonstrated basic pharmacy clinical skills.
- Demonstrated customer services skills.
- Currently licensed or able to obtain Registered Pharmacist license to practice pharmacy in the state in which caregiver will be working.
- BLS and ACLS/PALS certification preferred.
- RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
** For a full description of the position, or for questions: Denise, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.