Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA - Long Term Care for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.66, more depending on experience.
Be part of a caring team that feels like family, where collaboration is valued and professional development is supported!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of Southeast Alaska since 1923 with Ketchikan Medical Center, a 25-bed critical-access hospital offering comprehensive trauma care, outpatient and home health services, and a 29-bed long-term care facility.
*** $2,500 Sign On Bonus *** $2,500 Sign on Bonus *** $2,500 Sign On Bonus *** $2,500 Sign on Bonus *** $2,500 Sign On Bonus ***
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program required
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills
ALASKA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.