PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Clinical Nursing - Cancer Program for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling. Supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate Care and services to patients and families. Supervises daily activities, focusing on operations and effective use of resources within established budget. Responsible for operational performance including the quality, service environment and regulatory compliance.
- Link mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommend or develop plans for improvement, assure regulatory compliance
- Supervise assigned caregivers with full personnel action authority. Monitor and evaluate performance and accountability of staff. Evaluate competence and initiate performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback. Responsible for training, coaching, mentoring and development of caregivers. Ensure the completion of mandatory training and in-services. Responsible for scheduling and time off management of direct reports.
- Work with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Serve as a resource in the overall delivery of patient care assessing clinical practice, identifying needs, and recommending solutions.
- Collaborate with other departments in meeting the needs of patients, families, caregivers, healthcare providers and departments. Establish and maintain effective relationships.
- May perform staff nurse responsibilities as needed.
- Provide operational support with clinical processes, policies, procedures, and budget management. Assist with compliance to policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire. (see Community/Location specific requirements below)
- Minimum of 2 years related experience pertaining to assigned specialty area is required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure by the State in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment
- Strong organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Sit, Head/Neck Position/motion, simple/firm grasp, fine dexterity, and pinch, and reach at or below the shoulder frequently.
- Stand, Walk, Squat/kneel/bend/twist, reach above the shoulder, and push/pull occasionally.
- Lift/carry minimal push/pull 20 lbs. force on flat carpet, 10 lbs on hard flooring.
- Dynamap blood pressure machine - 4 lbs force.
- Supply cart - 8 lbs force.
- Minimal assist transfer - usually 1-2 person assist 25 lbs effort.
- Indoor office environment with the potential abs windows
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.