PeaceHealth is seeking a Hyperbaric Technologist for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience. This position will also serve as a Per Diem/Relief LPN to other areas of PeaceHealth Medical Group.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for administering hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients of the Hyperbaric Medicine Center under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the policies and procedures of Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Perform the following duties per departmental policy and physician instruction: transcutaneous oxygen monitoring testing, blood glucose monitoring, hyperbaric treatment and monitoring, dressing changes and/or wound care within scope of practice, complete and maintain patient treatment/diagnostic records, educate patient and/or patient's family as to the benefits, risks, contraindications, and safety issues of hyperbaric oxygen therapy before treatment, answer telephone inquiries and schedule patient treatment times.
- Clean and maintain the equipment according to infection control standards. Maintain continuous quality improvement duties and chart audits. Perform an inventory check, and maintain a record of supplies and laundry items. Maintain equipment and checks backup air and oxygen supplies on a daily basis.
- Ascertain that the patient's diagnosis is one of the appropriate approved disorders for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and that the said diagnosis is clearly entered on the patient's charts/records
- Evaluate the patient outcome and meet with the manager and the hyperbaric physician to discuss patient treatment and adjust treatment as necessary. Consult with hyperbaric physician regarding any adverse reactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have completed a National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology approved hyperbaric medicine introductory course or must do so for certification within 18 months of hire (Training provided by PeaceHealth).
- As part of the clinical internship, the CHT must have completed the Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring (TCOM) module.
- Must be licensed LPN.
- Must have undergone a clinical work experience of 480 hours in undersea, hyperbaric medicine or aviation medicine technology or must do so for certification within 18 months of hire (Provided by PeaceHealth).
- Must maintain a minimum 12 continuing education credits every two years with at least six of those specific to undersea or hyperbaric medicine.
- Current certification for Certified Hyperbaric Technician or Certified Hyperbaric Specialist required or must obtain certification within 18 months from the hire date.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Along with maintaining the CHT certification, must also maintain Oregon State Licensure as LPN.
Basic use of computers including MS Office applications
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.