PeaceHealth is seeking an Informaticist - EPIC Community Connect.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
** This position works hybrid remote and on-site at a PeaceHealth network location in Washington or Oregon.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Ambulatory billing experience, ideally Epic HB/PB
- And/or experience in a clinical role
- And/or Ambulatory Epic Analyst/Informaticist experience
Utilizes Informatics methodologies to analyze, design, validate, test, and maintain all workflows for caregiver interactions with the EHR, and other electronic solutions as appropriate. Facilitates and leads/ supports continual optimization and ensures standardization of clinical content and workflows across the entire system; serves as the leader and key point of contact between the clinical arena and internal technology departments/ vendors.
- Leads the identification and design of consistent workflows and content with clinical stakeholders while promoting standardization, critical decision-making and helping ensure adoption of electronic solutions across the entire PeaceHealth system.
- Participates in collaboration with internal Technology Solution Partners (TSP) team in the design, building, testing, and implementation of all electronic applications to support the financial goals of the organization.
- Identifies opportunities to replace redundant and/ or manual processes with automated solutions; updates published workflows as appropriate.
- Promotes an evidence-based practice model for workflow design and electronic systems throughout the organization.
- Participates in the development of training materials through collaboration with internal Learning and Development team; integrating workflows into the training of all caregivers.
- Establishes, facilitates and maintains communication between all teams of caregivers, TSP/ other internal resources and vendors to interpret and convey information as appropriate.
- Facilitates/ participates in EHR optimization/ CDI via PeaceHealth’s System Governance Model.
- Provides ongoing analysis of EHR system/ workflow design for patient quality and safety; ensures clinical excellence by identifying workflow gaps in response to reported issues; updates published workflows as appropriate.
- Facilitates/ participates on EHR upgrade teams, including decision making and prioritization on new functionality and workflows; updates published workflows as appropriate.
- Ensures that the EHR, and other electronic solutions as appropriate, comply with legal and regulatory standards.
- Engages/ collaborates with clinical operations across the PeaceHealth system to ensure direct patient caregivers influence on EHR/technology decisions, workflow, content and system design and implementation training and/or communication.
- Provides ongoing standardized workflow reinforcement across the entire PeaceHealth System.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare discipline such as nursing, informatics, healthcare administration, communications, business administration, or other health care related field, or equivalent combination of education and/ or experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a healthcare discipline such as nursing, direct patient care, clinical leadership, ancillary clinical specialty, or related technical experience and/ or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting operations in an electronic healthcare environment or may have equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of related protocols, hardware documentation and systems applications.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system, and the differing patient care processes within its settings.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodologies of process improvement.
- Epic experience preferred.
- CPHIMS, ANIA or other informatics certification preferred
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained related area as required by State preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly and report out empirical data in an accurate and organized manner;
- Strong analysis/problem solving and critical thinking; excellent computer skills with and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, etc.);
- Strong leadership, facilitation and teaching skills;
- Understanding of the principles of project management, including documentation and communication.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Proven ability to work independently prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.