PeaceHealth is seeking a Payroll Systems Analyst - Accounting for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position performs a variety of advanced payroll and accounting tasks for all aspects of payroll including auditing of database, bi-weekly processing and reconciliation, reporting and pay distribution. Serves as regional lead in software upgrades as well as coordinates projects between HR, IT, Payroll and other departments. Instructs, trains, and resolves problems both internally and externally.
- Performs all steps necessary to keep the payroll system accurate and updated through the use of report writing and auditing.
- Compiles audit documentation and assists with both internal and external auditors in maintaining accuracy of the payroll information
- Works closely with Accounting Services to resolve discrepancies between payroll accounts and the general ledger.
- Maintains the payroll chart of accounts, incomes, deductions, department levels and authorization groups
- Submits a variety of reports in a timely manner, and uses software and reporting tools to create ad hoc reports requested by departmental managers.
- Ensures compliance with Federal/State Tax and Wage and Hour laws, company policies/procedures, union contracts, and benefit programs as they relate to payroll.
- Service as additional source to payroll management for payroll related questions, instruction, training and problem resolution.
- Participates in the analysis, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate information systems.
- Test and debugs programs and systems to determine likely problem areas, constructing and using sample data to test programs or system failures and redesigning programs and systems to correct such failures.
- Evaluates the system to determine that all corrections have been properly made with no unanticipated and undesirable side effects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred. A combination of education and experience that provides the c with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Three years of full cycle payroll experience required.
- Hospital payroll experience preferred.
- One year of experience with system analysis and implementation required.
- Certification as a Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, as well as tax laws and regulations applicable to payroll
- Knowledge of software systems including reporting tools and web development
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting and budget practices desirable.
- Experience working with Lawson HR and payroll systems and Kronos time and attendance systems highly desirable.
- Analytical, financial management, creative problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to work responsibly in an environment with multiple work demands, short time frames, and minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, pay close attention to detail, and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments and disciplines
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel and Word; automated time and attendance systems and HRIS systems. Strong organizational skills.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.