PeaceHealth is seeking a Dosimetrist - Radiation Therapy for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $60.77, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Uses computerized treatment planning system and imaging technologies to create individualized, safe and efficient treatment plans for patients. Uses CT scanner and accessories to perform treatment simulations.
- Schedules and coordinates activities to ensure a treatment plan is prepared, documented and approved for each patient in a timely manner.
- Accesses, imports and/or fuses various imaging studies on PACS and within the department as needed for treatment planning.
- Creates a reassuring and respectful care experience, with attention to the comfort of each patient. Educates the patient and explains all procedures.
- Competently operates CT scanner and employs optimal patient positioning to efficiently and effectively perform treatment simulations.
- Safely administers non-IV contrast agents per protocol and performs sterile bladder instillations when ordered by physician for simulation procedures.
- Checks prescription and medical record for all necessary information to guide the simulation and treatment planning process.
- Designs a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose and field placement technique in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist’s prescription to a defined tumor volume. Consults with physician and physicist as needed to optimize the plan for each course of treatment.
- Performs calculations for the accurate delivery of the Radiation Oncologist’s prescribed dose; documents all pertinent information in the patient record, and verifies the mathematical accuracy of all calculations.
- Ensures that treatment plan can be effectively administered by Radiation Therapists. Assists with initial setup upon request.
- May provide coverage for all duties of the Radiation Therapist to administer prescribed radiation therapy to pediatric and adult inpatients and outpatients.
- Reviews therapy charts to ensure all chargeable services are correctly documented and reported for billing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA-accredited school of Radiation Technology
- National Certification by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) required at time of hire.
- American Registry of Radiograph Technology (ARRT) – Radiation Therapy Certification preferred.
- Washington state RT license preferred
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Two years radiation therapy experience required, with demonstrated competency in simulation.
- CT experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of radiation safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Personal warmth and compassion
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.