PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Buyer Lead for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines are met, and service excellence is provided in all aspects of pharmacy technician work. Subject matter expert. Responsible for purchasing, inventory control and analysis, and clerical support functions within the Pharmacy Department.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Purchase medications, goods, and services from suppliers; check in orders; process invoices; prepare credit memos and backorders; restock medications or shelves; arrange for deliveries if necessary.
- Data entry of patient charges and credits.
- Perform bookkeeping functions including documentation of third party reimbursements.
- Answers telephone and responds to non-professional phone inquiries.
- Develop reports and spreadsheets as requested.
- May work with group purchasing contracts.
- May perform inventory analysis as requested including development of reports and spreadsheets.
- May be responsible for the maintenance of inventory related databases.
- Processes pharmacy returns including outdated pharmaceuticals, removal for destruction of outdated medications and pharmaceutical waste.
- Evaluate and maintain pharmaceutical stock in all patient care departments and clinics to ensure compliance to medication safety standards. Addresses recalled medications including acquisition of therapeutically equivalent medications as substitute.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as Pharmacy Buyer or similar role required.
- Experience working with vendor contracts preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations required.
- Oregon: Licensed Pharmacy Technician
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment.
- Ability to identify medications.
- High degree of concentration required.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network:
- Must obtain national Pharmacy Technician certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Healthcareer Association (NHA) for initial licensure only.
- May perform inventory analysis, including 340B compliance audits and development of reports and spreadsheets as requested.
PEACE HARBOR - PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.