Are you looking for fulfillment in your work? Do you have a passion for serving others, and healing through food in the healthcare industry? If so, our Diet Representative Lead is the position for you. PeaceHealth is seeking a Diet Representative Lead for a Per Diem/Relief. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met, and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work, monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback, oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal setting for the team.
- Process all diet orders (including tube feeding) received from nursing services in preparation for production, including entry of charges. May coordinate all food production information for kitchen staff.
- Approve patient food request based on diet order and food availability. Determine needs of between meal nourishment and orders as needed.
- Distribute appropriate menus for patients to select from. Assist patient with menu selections as needed.
- Use approved computer charting methods to communicate clarification of individual patient needs related to food and to ensure meal tray accuracy and prompt delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Advanced education with emphasis on nutrition preferred
- Valid Food Handler Card approved by the state
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Diet Representative role or related experience is required
- Understanding of diet types and food textures
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
Top Reasons to work with Peace Health
- Great benefit package including excellent health benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Premium reduction program (may cover the cost of premiums for your entire household)
- PeaceHealth welcomes LGBTQ+ and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.