PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Informaticist - Clinical Informatics.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**Hybrid on-site/remote position. Pharmacy Informaticist will live within commuting distance of Springfield, OR, Vancouver, WA, or Bellingham, WA by start date.
Utilizes Informatics methodologies to analyze, design, validate, test, and maintain all workflows for caregiver interactions with the EHR, and other electronic solutions as appropriate. Facilitates and leads/ supports continual optimization and ensures standardization of content and workflows across the entire system; serves as key point of contact between the clinical arena and internal technology departments/vendors.
- Leads the identification and design of consistent workflows and content with clinical stakeholders while promoting standardization, critical decision-making and helping ensure adoption of electronic solutions across the entire PeaceHealth system.
- Participates in collaboration with internal Technology Solution Partners (TSP) team in the design, building, testing, and implementation of all electronic applications to support the financial goals of the organization.
- Identifies opportunities to replace redundant and/ or manual processes with automated solutions; updates published workflows as appropriate.
- Promotes an evidence-based practice model for workflow design and electronic systems throughout the organization.
- Participates in the development of training materials through collaboration with internal Learning and Development team; integrating workflows into the training of all caregivers.
- Establishes, facilitates and maintains communication between all teams of caregivers, TSP/ other internal resources and vendors to interpret and convey information as appropriate.
- Facilitates/ participates in EHR optimization/ CDI via PeaceHealth’s System Governance Model. Provides ongoing standardized workflow reinforcement across the PeaceHealth System.
- Provides ongoing analysis of EHR system/ workflow design for patient quality and safety; ensures clinical excellence by identifying workflow gaps in response to reported issues; updates published workflows as appropriate.
- Facilitates/ participates on EHR upgrade teams, including decision making and prioritization on new functionality and workflows; updates published workflows as appropriate.
- Engages/ collaborates with clinical operations across the PeaceHealth system to facilitate direct patient caregiver influence on EHR/technology decisions, workflow, content and system design and implementation training and/or communication.
- Facilitates the creation and provides ongoing maintenance of clinical reports that support the pharmacy work flow. Ensures that the EHR, and other electronic solutions as appropriate, comply with legal and regulatory standards.
- Bachelor’s or doctoral degree in pharmacy.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as an inpatient pharmacist.
- Experience supporting operations in an electronic healthcare environment or may have equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of related protocols, hardware documentation and systems applications.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system, and the differing patient care processes within its settings.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodologies of process improvement.
- Epic experience preferred.
- Pharmacy license in Washington or Oregon required
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly and report out empirical data in an accurate and organized manner;
- Strong analysis/problem solving and critical thinking; excellent computer skills with and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, etc.);
- Strong leadership, facilitation and teaching skills;
- Understanding of the principles of project management, including documentation and communication.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Proven ability to work independently prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.