PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Student Educator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Coordinates and delivers initial and ongoing education for Medical Assistant students working in the PeaceHealth Medical Group based on defined compliance requirements, student functional knowledge, supporting business and quality improvement, workflows and processes. Assists in the development of training including learner resources and appropriate training modalities in partnership with community school programs. Integrates the learning needs of participants into instruction process. Works with the leadership team to evaluate impact and identify strategies for improvement. Serves as a dedicated educator for Medical Assistant students.
- Develops and presents role-based training content to Medical Assistant students in support of system and department policies, procedures and practices. Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into one on one support model.
- Develops education plans to ensure the Medical Assistant students achieve competency positively impacting PeaceHealth’s key strategies and clinical outcomes.
- Assists in creating measures of caregiver proficiency/competence and documentation of training including quality assurance and follow-up activities. Provides updates to academic programs.
- Completes performance analysis and assesses gaps in knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) and provides discipline specific training solutions. Works with super users, clinical leads, charge nurses, supervisors and managers to mentor caregivers to improve knowledge skill and abilities.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training delivery, competency validation and documentation in conjunction with academic program partnership.
- Documents attendance and/or validates proficiency and competency towards educational program goals and objectives.
- Performs dedicated rounding and training support for designated populations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED)
- Education/training as required to obtain a Medical Assistant certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Additional training in adult learning or education preferred.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- State of Washington Medical Assistant –certified licensure required.
- Additional certification in adult learning or education preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with adult learning principles, training delivery and classroom management.
- Experience with projection equipment and/or webinar technology.
- Flexible schedule.
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs or less
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.