**$5,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center in Springfield, Oregon is seeking a CT Technologist for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
Come join our growing team! We offer generous paid time off, comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans, and a Tuition Reimbursement program!
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details of the position:
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned..
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- EPIC RIS, FUJI and IntelliSpace PACS experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Permanent (OBMI) (RT) licensure with Permanent (OBMI) CT OR Temporary (OBMI) CT Licensure Certification is required upon hire.
- Permanent (OBMI) CT Licensure is required within 1 year of hire OR at the expiration of the last Temporary CT (OBMI) License.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
About the community:
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette river, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie river. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
For a full description of this position, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.