PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Projects Control for a Full Time, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Overall responsibility for the management and execution of project controls implementation, systems, processes, tools and personnel, for development, forecasting and monitoring of projects and programs costs and schedule. Responsible for managing financial and schedule risks and opportunities and providing detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month expenditures. Accountable for schedule development and maintenance. Accountable for project estimation development and maintenance. Responsible for preparing comprehensive reports to support business operations and senior management requests. Owns the continuous improvement for Project Controls and Management via lessons learned from process/tools, performance indicators, and assessments. Responsible for Project Controls Management development program including on-boarding, computer based training, hands on training, and annual refreshers. Responsible to work closely with directors and project managers to ensure that all budgeting, scheduling and project financial processes run smoothly. Monitors the progress of a project to ensure that it is working within the confines of set deadlines and budget limitations and generate progress reports to managers. Makes suggestions for improvements to project operations as needed.
- Monitors project activities – continually monitors and evaluates each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals. Reports to directors and project managers to discuss the progress of each project and discuss staffing needs, schedule changes, and scope adjustments.
- Assists in establishing and setting up project budgets, assembling project teams, and setting and monitoring task schedules.
- Creates and maintains reports addressing all aspects of project development and completion. Presents details of projects to all leadership levels.
- Maintains efficiency and cost control by recognizing areas that can be targeted for change. Continually streamlines processes.
- Hires, trains, and mentors project controls staff with the goal of creating a project controls group with the ability to service the entire portfolio of capital projects.
- Manages project controls consultants to ensure proper protocols and accuracy of reporting, ultimately transition management of controls system from consultants to in-house project controls managers.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of purchase order requisitions.
- Reviews and processes consultant and contractor change proposals and change orders for legal review.
- Ensures proper coding of invoices in the accounting system, audit Unifier database/reports to ensure consistency with accounting reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting required.
- Minimum of seven years of project controls experience with large, multi-phase capital projects of increasing complexity required.
- Minimum of five years of related leadership experience in managing a project controls group required.
- Experience with Project Unifier or other equivalent systems is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Ability to budget, make financial projections and write reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation.
- Ability to handle potentially sensitive situations by applying consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups.
- Ability to plan, organize, motivate, mentor, direct and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work by making informed judgments and to develop solutions for complex problems.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
- Strong capital projects background with sound knowledge of best practices in project controls.
- Understands how to lead a diverse workforce, and familiarity with large-scale, capital improvement projects.
- Ability to maximize efficiencies and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, bringing a balance of both strategic and operational leadership and understanding of how these departments align with the overall strategic plan.
- Ability to present to large stakeholder groups and engage with all levels of the organization.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.