PeaceHealth is seeking a Staffing Coordinator for a part-time role in the Nursing Support Department at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. This is a .675 FTE position, working six 9-hour variable shifts each two week pay period. Will work primarily 1230-2200, but will need flexibility to cover the 0330 - 1300 and 0630-1630 shifts as needed. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience, as well as shift differential as applicable.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating all functions of scheduling and staffing for nursing. In some communities, may also be responsible for attendance data reconciliation and transfer center functions.
- Prepare and maintain program and/or unit/department schedules including inputting schedules into the staffing/scheduling system.
- Assure all changes to schedule are in accordance with organizational policies and alert manager when out of compliance. Promote adherence to bargaining unit agreements in scheduling and staffing practices if applicable.
- Function as a resource to appropriate management team for efficient use of staffing/scheduling system.
- Communicate effectively with staff, supervisors, and managers. Communicate issues to leadership as necessary.
- May coordinate education schedules as requested.
- May complete payroll as assigned and assure accurate payroll function for caregivers.
- If responsible for attendance data reconciliation, verifies accuracy of timesheets with schedules and reconciles all attendance data.
- May participate in analyzing and interpreting data to ensure optimal staffing in the unit/department.
- Work closely with managers to provide productivity and statistical reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relevant college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in hospital staffing, scheduling, and/or time and attendance recording preferred.
- Customer service experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Previous secretarial experience preferred.
- Skill in problem solving and organizing and disseminating information
- Strong customer service/caregiver relations skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications and other applicable software
- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment with multiple interruptions and successful follow through is a must.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 20 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.