PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Home Care - Home Infusion for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to home care/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home/home infusion and apply admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice/home infusion plan of treatment.
- Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient’s long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely homecare outcomes.
- Develops and clinically manages the Home Infusion care plan according to the patient’s evolving personal are needs.
- Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
- Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality assurance, and homecare guidelines.
- Maintain, manage, and troubleshoot parenteral and enteral access devices and the various infusion and nutritional feeding regimens employed in homecare.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- Two years acute clinical or home health/hospice nursing experience with current IV therapy knowledge and skills required.
- One year home health experience preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Two years’ experience in an acute care facility with previous IV therapy experience OR successful completion of an approved IV training course/orientation and standard competencies within 6 months of hire
- Ability to establish peripheral IV sites and maintain, repair, and troubleshoot venous access devices
- Recent chemotherapy experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy/Biotherapy provider card within 1 year of hire
- Chemo certification required within 1 year of hire into position
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families, and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHOR and SIUSLAW:
- RN Home Health job classification in ONA bargaining unit.
EUGENE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
- Operates motor vehicle on urban roadways up to 25% of each day
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.