PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Manager Preceptor Development - Education Clinical for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Works in collaboration nurse managers, clinical nurse educators and nurse residency program coordinator, within the setting and across the system to develop and coordinate orientation preceptor pairings; develop preceptors through staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Facilitates professional growth, skill development, competency, and attainment of standards for PeaceHealth Nursing. Serves as a nurse leader and role model in advancing professional nursing to achieve optimal patient quality and safe care.
- Collaborates with department managers on preceptor selection and ensures preceptors have attending education/training within the last 3 years.
- Maintains updated preceptor list.
- Coordinates with nursing leadership for orientation schedule and preceptor pairing.
- Helps coordinate with NTL/Charge RN, clinical nurse educator, as needed for planning patient assignments to meet the orientation-competency needs.
- Supervises orientation and competency process: Collaborates with clinical nurse educators to partners with preceptor pair rounding, to ensure progress in orientation using the competency pathway and weekly progression tools to achieve the competent level of knowledge, skills, attitudes/and behaviors, efficiently.
- Provides feedback to preceptors to ensure appropriate feedback, competency assessment and validate occur at the point of patient care by preceptor.
- Collaborates with clinical nurse educators to facilitate learning experiences that correlate with the work-specific competencies e.g., micro-learnings, simulations, critical thinking, communication, time management etc.
- Collaborates with clinical nurse educators to ensure all necessary documents, assignments are completed by the preceptor pair, end of orientation documentation completion in MyLearning
- Facilitates groups during residency and/or fellowship classes/seminar to identify trends and/or address other needs or escalation requirements.
- Teaches preceptor class.
- Leads and/or facilitates professional development council for preceptors ongoing development and recognition.
- In collaboration with the NRP coordinator, clinical nurse educators, and nursing leadership facilitates yearly celebration and recognition and skills re-validation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSN required.
- Master’s in nursing or education preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
- Employed at PeaceHealth for at least one (1) year preferred.
- One-year nurse manager, asst nurse manager or charge nurse/team lead experience preferred.
- Current RN licensure in state of hire.
- Nursing Specialty certification preferred.
- Understanding and role models PeaceHealth nursing professional. practice model and the ANA scope and standards of professional practice.
- Team facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a highly matrixed and disbursed organization.
- Understanding of transformational leadership.
- Engages in professional development.
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Ability to provide feedback commitment to improvement.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.