PeaceHealth is seeking a Supv Referral Coordinator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Supervises the referral coordinators for Home Health, providing clinical oversight, training and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Builds a cohesive and functional Intake Support team and maintains a work environment that reflects a positive atmosphere, high employee satisfaction, competence and strong evidence of teamwork.
- Supervise assigned caregivers with full personnel action authority. Responsible for training, coaching, mentoring and development of caregivers. Ensure the completion of mandatory training and in-services. Responsible for scheduling and time off management of direct reports.
- Recommend selection of staff, monitor and evaluate performance and accountability of staff. Evaluate competence and initiate performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Oversees the implementation of efficient and effective processes by streamlining and aligning to home and community goals.
- Develops training, educational tools and resources for the referral coordinators related to care transitions for home health.
- Provides clinical oversight, feedback and shadowing of referral coordinators.
- Administers home and community policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with regulations and standards. Assists staff in understanding/implementing organizational policies and procedures while also conducting annual assessments for the referral to ensure they are meeting expectations.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise stated)
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved nursing program.
- Bachelor's degree in health sciences, nursing or health service field strongly preferred.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice required.
- Minimum of two years previous home health intake experience required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance industry (third party payers and state and federal financial assistance programs) is preferred.
- Strong medical assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and apply rehabilitation benefits in the acute inpatient setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required; professional in working closely with all customers such as referral sources, physicians, insurance companies, staff, patients and families.
- Good organization skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources and manage competing demands effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with people who have disabling conditions and/or who have cultural differences.
- Computer experience and knowledge of MS Office essential.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Travel to agencies in AK, WA, and OR required.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.