PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Communications for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Position serves as the primary communications leader for an assigned PeaceHealth network, interfacing on a regular basis with the network chief executive and executive team. Responsible for leading a communications team that delivers concise, effective communications to help achieve PeaceHealth system and network objectives, including engaging PeaceHealth’s caregivers and safeguarding its reputation.
Position will also serve as a strategic partner within the marketing and communications division, focused on their assigned network communications environment and needs. As called upon across brand, communications and marketing domains, position will be responsible for providing network input to help shape enterprise-wide goals and strategies. Aligned with these, position will direct implementation of communications efforts across earned and owned network channels, allocating resources and managing a team of network caregivers to successfully achieve objectives. Offering strategic insight on network marketing issues, position will facilitate appropriate connections between network and marketing team resources in support of network growth and loyalty goals. Ensures quality, service and regulatory compliance for assigned domains, , follows team processes, and is responsible for developing any network-specific measures of success and coordinating any required network-level reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Provides communications counsel to network leaders, ensuring alignment with the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values and strategic goals and strategies.
- Provides input in developing enterprise-wide communications goals, strategies, and metrics. Uses this enterprise-wide framework to build network-specific tactics and metrics. Domains to be considered include (but are not limited to):
- Key audiences, including caregivers, patients, physicians, board members, donors, businesses, payers and the general public.
- Caregiver engagement, including identifying network-specific issues and ensuring two-way communications with leadership.
- Community relations, including prioritizing issues, community and business organizations, and influencers with whom to build relationships.
- Public relations, including earned and owned tactics to promote the organization's image in a positive and community-oriented way, with particular emphasis on disproportionate unmet health-related needs of lower income people and other vulnerable populations.
- Ensures the creation and successful execution of communications plans and tactics designed to achieve discrete organizational objectives, including those related to emerging issues.
- Effectively uses media relations to enhance the reputation of the organization and advance the strategic aims of PeaceHealth. Ensures relevance and timeliness for each audience and integration of messages throughout all communications. Ensures alignment with system communications, processes and messaging in order to safeguard the PeaceHealth brand.
- Represents PeaceHealth with local key business and community groups, and at events. Maintains a familiarity with issues impacting healthcare and the local business community.
- Manages direct reports; peer, leader, and network executive stakeholders; and vendors, to achieve communications goals. Serves as role model for staff and colleagues in demonstrating compassion, excellence in communications and outstanding customer service. Fosters collaborative team relationships among colleagues.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in communications or marketing required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Health care experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience interfacing persuasively with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to foster effective relationships with providers, business and public service organizations in the community
- Proven ability to foster strong internal relationships, serving as representative of the leadership team.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Direct experience with traditional and social media, and other digital mediums.
- Proactive ability to foster a collaborative, creative work environment.
- Ability to foster strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead in a matrix environment and in accordance with PeaceHealth’s leadership model.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.