PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Patient Financial Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Responsible for the selection, training, performance and schedules of assigned staff. Monitors overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize patient care and stewardship of resources with patient access. Oversees day-to-day work of Registration and Financial Counseling functions.
Details of the position:
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance.
- Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Conducts hiring, training, performance evaluations, schedules, act upon leave requests, timecards and participation in corrective actions of assigned staff. Ensures team is monitoring account workload daily through workflow management
- Oversees training, focusing on continuous improvement to optimize days in accounts receivable and cost to collect. Works with leadership to develop training and monitoring programs. Monitors productivity of assigned staff.
- Works with leadership to evaluate workflow, resources, equipment and expenditures, make recommendations for enhancements, purchases, streamlining processes and procedures. Identifies and communicate issues, backlogs, or opportunities that will directly impact patient satisfaction, patient throughput and financial clearance
What you bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent required>
- Minimum two years in healthcare billing, medical records, finance, business operations or patient registration is required.
- Previous leadership experience or training is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Will perform environmental services, security assistance and emergency response duties as needed. Requires BART training (de-escalation training) within 30 days of hire.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For a full description of the Job Profile, please contact [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.