PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Labor & Delivery RN for a full-time role at Southwest Medical Center, a 450-bed hospital, located in Vancouver, Washington. This is a .9 FTE working 12-hour Nights shifts in our 32 Suite LDRP Birth Center that was recently named one of the Best Maternity Hospitals by Newsweek.
We offer you:
- Relocation assistance
- A Hiring Bonus
- A comprehensive benefits package including 3 medical plan options, dental, vision, a great retirement plan, Tuition Reimbursement, CE, and so much more
- Hourly compensation starts at $42.59, more depending on experience, as well as additional pay for BSN, MSN and Specialty Cert.
About the Family Birth Center and Southwest Medical Center:
- A collaborative team including 24/7 Anesthesia Coverage, in-house Obstetricians and neonatal providers.
- Offer specialized birthing experiences; natural birth, water births, and midwives
- Baby Friendly Certification
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system
Moving to the area? Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Relocation assistance.
- Vancouver is a lively, independent city with over 160,000 residents, located just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending recreational activities of the Pacific Northwest. We are home to some of the world’s best mountain biking and wind-surfing locales.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Ocean, and 160 miles to Seattle.
- A thriving arts, theater, and music scene and our 26 colleges and universities attract renowned authors, performers, and speakers.
- Stellar school districts.
- No Washington State income tax.
For additional information or questions, please give the recruiter a call, 360.414.2186 or email: [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the Position:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing
- Minimum 1 year recent labor and delivery nursing experience
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Completion of formal fetal monitoring program within orientation period.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 60 days of hire.
- Preferred: Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO). Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (C-EFM) from National Certification Corporation (NCC). International Board Certification for Lactation Consultants (IBCLC).
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.