PeaceHealth is seeking a Provider Liaison Consultant - Business Development for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for developing and maintaining close working relationships with providers and physicians and their staff. Focuses on improving service to physicians, reducing barriers to the patient care continuum and educating the physician community as to access and expertise available throughout PeaceHealth. Position works in collaboration with leadership to plan, develop, implement, execute, and evaluate business plan strategies and to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings with providers, physician groups, and key staff to provide knowledge based education with the goal of securing continued/increased loyalty and expanding service line utilization.
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and enhances relationships with providers and key stakeholders,
- Executes strategic plan priorities with regard to growth and physician service improvement initiatives.
- Identifies target markets in accordance with organizational priorities and strategies utilizing knowledge of hospital operations and existing reporting, tools, and dashboards.
- Interprets current physician referral patterns, trends, and financial margins; ensuring that sales resources are optimized.
- Develops sales and retention strategies for target markets and facility service lines.
- Communicates opportunities, market trends, and issues to appropriate leadership and operational team members.
- Identifies, minimizes and closes issues with the assistance of appropriate operational team members.
- Functions as a point of contact to ensure proper action/resolution for providers and community partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in territory management field sales, business development, contract negotiations and client relationships required..
- Experience in the medical industry and/or a hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging healthcare trends to be able to inform and execute growth strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a consulting capacity.
- Intellectual inquisitiveness with a desire to create practical/innovation solutions.
- Ability to cultivate new opportunities by initiating a plan to increase operating margin.
- Ability to research, understand and explain healthcare services volume, utilization, market data, and physician referral patterns.
- Proven track record of business development and increased sales in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to identify a prospect’s needs, uncover and overcome objections and foster/cultivate system loyalty.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple demands and short time frames.
- Ability to quickly analyze large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and clearly summarize and present findings.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make objective assessments.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite applications, databases, etc.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.