PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Facilities Support Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for responsibilities for the areas of Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Security, Environment of Care, and Facility capital planning. Responsible for quality, service and to ensure that all facilities in the network are compliant to all state and federal regulations and provide a safe environment for patients, their families and our Caregivers. Plans, organizes and directs the efficient utilization of facilities management resources, staff, facilities and equipment in support of the mission of PeaceHealth.
Areas of daily operational responsibility include:
Maintenance planning - Responsible facility and equipment maintenance for all healthcare sites within assigned specific network of care. Has a matrix accountability to both the System Vice President of Facilities & Construction and the Chief Executive for the assigned network. Plays a critical role on the network executive team and provides management oversight to managers in the departments of Maintenance for all sites in the network.
Security and Public Safety - Directs, controls, and accountable for the Security and Public Safety functions within the assigned network. Develops long and short-term business strategies/operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages, designs, structures, develops and plans issues within scope of direction.
Environment of Care and Facility compliance - Oversees the operational activities for Environment of Care and Emergency Management functions within the assigned network. Collaborates with leaders to develop procedures for monitoring the effectiveness and outcomes of activities and implements corrective measures and establishes long range strategies to maintain a safe environment for caregivers, patients and visitors.
- Provides leadership and guidance to promote a professional, safe, secure and clean environment for the optimal delivery of care at all facilities in the assigned network.
- Responsible for the effective facility and equipment maintenance for all healthcare sites within assigned network. Provides management oversight to managers in the departments of Maintenance for all sites in the network
- Directs, controls, and is accountable for the Security and Public Safety functions within the assigned network.
- Oversees the operational activities for Environment of Care and Emergency Management functions within the assigned network. Collaborates with leaders to develop procedures for monitoring the effectiveness and outcomes of activities and implements corrective measures and establishes long range strategies to maintain a safe environment for caregivers, patients and visitors.
- Prepares and administers annual budgets and is responsible for coordinating new construction and renovations, operation, security, maintenance and repair of all facilities and grounds in assigned network.
- Ensures that staffing requirements are understood by executive management and provides leadership to all maintenance, facilities, security, and environment of care staff in the assigned network.
- Partners with System Facilities and Construction to ensure completion of the design, development and implementation of construction and remodeling projects including budgets, bids, specifications and certifications.
- Establishes and administers physical assets control, preventative maintenance procedures and systems covering all buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Bachelor’s degree related to building construction, facilities operations or related field required or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job required.
- Preference given to candidates with an advanced degree in facility management, construction or engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years facility management experience within the healthcare industry is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Successful oversight of multiple healthcare facility sites is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have and maintain Healthcare Facilities Manager Certification
- Preference given to candidates that are certified as a Healthcare Safety Professional
- Preference given to candidates that are licensed Engineers or Contractors
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Knowledge of facilities, safety and security codes, security applications, and current issues related to employee safety regulations as well as state and local regulatory agencies to ensure continued compliance as necessary.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be able to present data, plans, ideas, and information in an effective, organized and compelling manner in a variety of settings to diverse audiences.
- Understanding of HIPPA and safety and security regulations as well as the ability to liaison with city, state, county and federal officials
- Ability to cultivate relationships, rapport, credibility and partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be flexible, approachable and inspire trust.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient advanced skills in MS Office applications.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.