PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Social Worker - Palliative Care for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts from $31.18 to $46.77, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
Details of the position
- Providing direct casework services to clients related to their medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial assessment, assisting with long-term planning and decision making, crisis intervention and short-term therapy.
- Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired outcomes.
- Providing skilled social work services to patients and education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated, coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work required.
- License as required by State to practice as a Social Worker within 6 month of hire.
- A valid applicable state driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- BLS required.
- Minimum of two year experience in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare, and social agencies is required.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Moussa Sangare at [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.