PeaceHealth is seeking an IT Manager - Desktop Engineering (Client Engineering). Salary range is $104,000 - $156,000, depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**Hybrid remote/onsite position. The Manager will live in Oregon, Washington, or Alaska by start date. Relocation assistance is available.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing teams responsible for desktop devices. Experience managing mobile device teams is preferred.
Manages the day to day operations of the Client Engineering and Infrastructure Services departments. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements; identifies the technology profile of the organization and communicates this with senior leadership; develops and implements system wide desktop and virtualization metrics, for Epic and Microsoft desktop, manages architecture and support of mobile device technologies, delivers office 365 strategies for document storage with OneDrive and Delve. Primarily responsible for assessing impacts of monthly feature updates to Office 365 products. Ensures the standard deployment and continuity of client device technology services throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership and project coordination. Manages the acquisition, installation, configuration, coordination, monitoring and on-going maintenance of software.
Details of the position
- Manages daily functions of assigned areas, ensures continuity of services, and prepares long and short-range goals for Client Engineering and Infrastructure Services and acquisition of resources to meet corporate objectives. Identifies development, enhancement, and maintenance priorities for all areas of responsibility.
- Provides management and supervision to assigned caregivers. Hires, trains, mentors, and provides performance management or corrective actions to caregivers. Maintenance of work schedules, authorizes time off requests, and performance management. Analyzes resource requirements of the department, and develops recommendations for staffing levels with supporting justification documentation.
- Manages CareConnect ECSM caregivers supporting Epic hyperspace and Citrix environments for delivery of CareConnect. Collaborates closely with the CareConnect team and the Epic vendor on all technical aspects of delivering Epic Hyperspace and Citrix.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning and incident response development and implementation. Organizes annual recovery or failover tests for critical systems, including SaaS delivered systems
- Manages department budgets, tracking expenditures, purchases, etc. with budget authority as delegated for assigned areas.
- Acts as primary liaison to vendors and suppliers used by PeaceHealth to support Client Engineering and Infrastructure Service products. Recommends cost effective solutions including business justifications for those recommendations. Assists in negotiating changes to Microsoft and Citrix Enterprise Agreements.
- Serves as member of management team that develops and implements security roadmap projecting technology needs and process improvements. Acts as liaison with and offers strategic direction to related governance functions to senior and middle managers throughout the organization.
- Maintains a technology roadmap projecting technology needs and process improvements to improve our technology service and security posture. Coordinates with security operations leadership in delivering strategic direction.
- Coordinates with desktop leaders to ensure; client device technologies remain current and supported, OS and security patches remain current, end point threat detection technologies fully deployed, SSO technologies deployed consistently, mobile device Office applications fully adopted. Maintains relationships with key business partners to assist in deploying technology changes.
- Key member of IT group supporting overall design and maintenance of Active Directory and Group Policies. Ensures standard deployment of Group Policies.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology or relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience is required.
- Minimum of two years of management or supervisory leadership experience is required, preferably including health information experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Epic and other healthcare applications/system, SIEM, DLP, Auditing, Health Level 7 (HL7), other healthcare system standards, HIPAA, HITECH, PCI or other healthcare regulatory compliance standards and clinical applications/technology is required.
- A+, MCSE, ITIL, Six Sigma or Lean certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of current applications and trends in information technology as related to healthcare, Client Engineering and delivery of managed desktop services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and guide lean process improvement to assure efficiency.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Jake Baird - [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.