PeaceHealth HomeHealth in Ketchikan, Alaska is seeking a Speech Pathologist for a Part Time, 0.50 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $42.49, more depending on experience.
Come experience Ketchikan, AK, a friendly, community-oriented island in scenic Southeast Alaska, just an hour and a half flight from Seattle!
Ketchikan Alaska is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, those who love the arts, or someone who just wants a quiet, slower-paced life. Enjoy our beautiful surroundings, abundant wildlife, and great opportunities for hiking, fishing, boating, and more. We have excellent schools and a strong local economy.This vibrant city at the southern tip of the Alaskan panhandle calls itself the Salmon Capital of the World. Wildlife abounds, from bald eagles and bears to orcas and humpback whales.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for evaluating and treating speech, language communicative, cognitive, and swallowing disorders with patients according to the principles and practices and within the scope of Speech and Language Pathology. Works as part of a team to restore function, prevent disability, and assist patients to maximize their potential and assists with smooth, efficient operation of the department, program development, and quality monitoring and marketing activities.
What you will do:
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply criteria to determine if patient is a safe candidate for home care/hospice speech/language therapy services, and reviews and revises evaluations as clinically indicated.
- Establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation and team members.
- Provide skilled speech/language therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Documentation and recordkeeping in accordance regulatory and departmental standards.
- Perform skilled assessments and, as clinically indicated, modifies and coordinates the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, primary physician, cans manager and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluate the patient/home environment as related to the level of functional loss/ability and holistic healthcare needs and makes appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indication in collaboration with the case manager and the primary physician.
What you bring:
- Graduate (MA or MS) or Doctorate of a Speech and Language Pathology program accredited by the American Speech and Hearing Association required.
- A minimum of one year speech pathologist experience required; geriatric experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Speech Pathology license from state of Alaska
- Certificate of clinical competence in the area of Speech-Language Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of patients
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer skills required.
KETCHIKAN PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 24% of each day
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.