Are you looking for your next adventure? Do you believe each patient deserves safe, evidence-based, and compassionate care? If so, Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield, Oregon might be the place for you!
We are looking for an inpatient Neurology RN for a 0.6 FTE, Night Shift (1240). Hourly compensation starts at $41.39 (more depending on experience).
Our vision is “Every person receives safe, compassionate care, every time, every touch” and we are looking for you to help us carry that out!
**Hiring Bonus and relocation for eligible candidates!**
CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experiences! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
Our hospital is located alongside the beautiful McKenzie River (hence Riverbend!). Only minutes away from University of Oregon, you’ll experience the great combination of living near the city while taking in the fresh air and lush greenery of the Pacific Northwest.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Great shift differentials
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Professional practice support
- Collaborative team environment
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- Specialty certification not required, just preferred.
- Participate in 8 hours or more annually of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or other education related to or focused on cerebrovascular disease.
- Participate in 3 or more training sessions annually sponsored by the Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- One year experience in an acute care facility OR successful completion of an approved training course/orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire required.
- One year acute care experience preferred.
- Previous neurology experience not required
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Oregon
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures.
- Basic computer skills.
REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend:
- Neurology and Float Pool Nurses to Neurology – Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications.
- Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District: Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.