Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**$10,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Cardiology / OHVI 5 for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Night position to provide professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99, more depending on experience.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year experience in an acute care facility OR successful completion of an approved training course/orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire.
- One year previous cardiac nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District:
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – RIVERBEND
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Great shift differentials.
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.