Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager to join our leadership team at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This role will provide leadership for the evening shifts on the Medical/Oncology Floor. The schedule is flexible and would allow either four 10 hour shifts starting at 1300 or five 8 hour shifts starting at 1500. Some flexibility necessary to accommodate meetings or other obligations.
- A collaborative leadership and clinical education team.
- Relocation Assistance.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Generous PTO accrual with no waiting period.
- A hospital on the Magnet journey.
- A mission driven non-profit healthcare system.
- Annual Salary range starts at $104,500, more depending upon experience.
- $10,000 Hire-On Bonus with 2 year commitment.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital with level II trauma center, located in Vancouver, Washington.
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Vancouver is a robust, independent city with over 160,000 residents and is the largest suburb of Portland, Oregon.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending recreational activities of the Pacific Northwest. We are home to some of the world’s best mountain biking and wind-surfing locales.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Ocean, and 160 miles to Seattle.
- A thriving arts, theater, and music scene and our 26 colleges and universities attract renowned authors, performers, and speakers.
- Vancouver and surrounding area offer stellar school districts.
- No Washington State income tax.
Interesting in applying? We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Current Washington RN licensure required by date of hire.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required by date of hire.
- BSN required or actively enrolled in program with a targeted graduation date w/in 3 years of date of hire.
- Minimum of three years applicable nursing experience required.
- Recent charge nurse experience within the last two years.
- Requires skills in the process of continuous adaptation.
- Ability to address generation conflict in workforce applying a philosophical understanding of servant leadership.
- Ability to adjust instructional methods to match learning styles, education and training plan and tailor environment to incorporate nursing students and faculty into the clinical unit culture.
- Ability to identify care patterns or systems thinking which leads to the most effective patient outcomes.
- Knowledge and application of tools for quality & safety (e.g. A3, 5S) and monitors patient outcome at the patient and unit level to achieve top quartile performance.
- Ability to apply interventions at patient and unit levels which promote evidence-based practice, staying current with nursing literature.
- Ability to apply “holism” in nursing as application of body, mind and spirit as a total unit acting together in nursing care delivery and patient need for care.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
About PeaceHealth: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers. Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Would you like to learn more before applying? Please contact Erica Carr, Recruiter, at [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.