PeaceHealth is seeking a Advanced Care Planning Facilitator for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The Advanced Care Planning Facilitator will provide advanced care planning conversations with adult patients, grounded in up-to-date research and training. Serves as a liaison, provides educations, establishes and maintains a high-quality program. Responsible for building professional relationships with parents and families and coordinating patient needs in collaboration with providers in the region. Operates in alignment with the mission of PeaceHealth with a high level of professionalism and strong ethical decision making.
- Serve as a champion and resource for Advance Care Planning and the importance of ACP as an ongoing process within their assigned work location.
- Receive referrals from referring clinician and conduct appropriate review to gather referral source’s intent and patient need for ACP referral.
- Contact and schedule meetings with patients and healthcare representative(s)
- Utilize high emotional intelligence while facilitating values-based ACP conversations with patients and healthcare representatives - in person, via phone, or via MS Teams
- Assist patients in the preparation of their Advance Directive/Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare.
- Document interactions with patients in patients’ electronic medical record
- Track data and other quality improvement information and report to Network ACP Coordinator
- Round to clinics and/or inpatient units (depending on assigned work location) to ensure clinics/units have the correct ACP documents stocked, provide information on where to order and updates, as needed.
- Assist with and lead online or in-person workshops for Advance Directive document completion for PeaceHealth patients and caregivers
- Participate in ACP team meetings and share trends, identified needs and education opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required Unless Otherwise Stated)
- High school Diploma required.
- Two years relevant post-secondary education or training preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working in human services or healthcare setting required.
- One year minimum of adult community education preferred.
- Experience in hospice, hospital, clinic, home care, Public health, or nursing home setting preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare systems and multi-cultural communities preferred.
- Community Healthcare experience and/or program development experience preferred.
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification is required at date of hire.
- Honoring Choices Facilitator training within 6 months of hire.
- Public Notary commission (preferred) or within 6 months of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Ability to effectively communicate to health care providers, patients, patient’s family members and friends, customers, co-workers and community leaders via written and verbal communication.
- Awareness of cultural humility framework and ability to apply this framework to Advance Care Planning practice
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Ability to document in an electronic medical record.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.