PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Rep Call Center - Remote for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.80, more depending on experience.
This position can be performed fully remote with initial onsite training. Caregiver must reside in Washington State.
If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide High-Speed Internet access.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $1000.00
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification, and patient flow. Acts as a clinic liaison with physician practices interacting with all scheduling needs. Schedules both new patients and follow up appointments for a variety of clinic practices and follows appropriate standard work.
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographics and financial data. May register patients using varying methods depending upon location. Handles incoming calls in relation to scheduling as primary scheduling resource.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries to include scheduling/cancelling appointments, transferring to appropriate clinic or entering in-basket messages to ensure follow up is completed.
- provides outbound calls to patients in the form of reminder calls, referrals and other necessary follow up appointments.
- Ensures all appropriate interpreter services are ordered for patient visit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
PHMG and Outpatient Clinics:
- Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
- Ability to work from home in a secure environment free of distractions with appropriate high speed connectivity.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.