PeaceHealth is seeking a Revenue Cycle Education Coord for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
****Have you been in a billing, revenue, accounting, or finance role for at least 3 years, and do you love training and mentoring others? This might be the role for you! ****
At this time, due to COVID, this position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
Must reside in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.
Responsible for organizing developing curriculum, curating educational materials, developing and maintaining educational team site and conducting training programs for the RCM department including but not limited to Patient Access, Hospital and Professional Financial Services: Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, SBO, Customer Service, HIM, CDI and HIM and Professional Fee Coding, as well as new hire onboarding/training. Conducts and organizes training for administrative functions and utilization of system applications such as MyLearning, CareConnect, Outlook, 3M and Microsoft Teams. Assists with specific process improvement initiatives within the RCM department that will drive both system and personnel efficiency. Works closely with the Quality Assurance (QA) and Process Improvement (PI) teams to identify areas of opportunity. Serves as a liaison to the Learning Development technical team and RCM senior and system leaders.
- Develops RCM training and development programs to support leadership Troubleshoots issues, assists in the identification of user needs and provides user guidelines and training.
- Develops and maintains the course curriculum for all RCM functions.
- Maximizes system capabilities for tracking and reporting on information. Implements measures to ensure the effectiveness of training courses and curriculum
- Works with HealthStream to test and debug the application to ensure the system meets end-user requirements. Participates in building complete testing plans to validate system parameters and to assure functionality performs as specified.
- Partners with RCM managers and Learning Development to implement measures to identify employee and process knowledge gaps and evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Works with the leadership team to address and develop specific training needs in consultation with concierge service of nThrive/Precyse.
- Supports the need of RCM leaders in developing career tracks and learning development plans.
- Develops educational processes including creation of workshops, videos, and one-on-one training sessions. Ensures procedures and training materials are aligned with PeaceHealth standards.
- Designs and delivers training and instruction to assure an organized and effective roll out of new systems, processes, or system updates.
- Coordinates or collaborates in designing and implementing of training solutions and/or communication of new processes through the development of tip sheets and job aids. Monitors progress to meet goals.
- Prepares test scripts and tests software related to upgrades, patches, process flows, system modifications, custom reports.
- Designs and /or coordinates documentation and department training procedures and manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years in a training or education role, super user or lead role that included training responsibilities required.
- Epic operational experience preferred
- Epic certification/experience highly preferred; may be required within a specific time parameter post hire.
- Knowledge of operational healthcare hospital and clinic workflows.
- Knowledge of RCM and physician practice
- Knowledge of system configuration, data tools and concepts, application implementations, optimization, report writing, or related applicable skill set preferred.
- Understanding of systems analysis concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools, and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple work demands and focus on detail.
- Ability to organize and manage detailed information and working with teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to accommodate varying levels of travel to attend meetings, implementations, and customer support activities.
- Utilize software change management, process improvement and quality planning methods in all phases of work.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.