PeaceHealth is seeking a Neurodiagnostic Technologist - Sleep Center for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.000001 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
A Better Workplace Community - Spotlight on Vancouver
Under general supervision, prepare patient for and conduct routine, special and complex neurodiagnostic testing and other clinical electrophysiologic examinations in a variety of settings, facilitating an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach in the delivery of care. Perform technical interpretation of data and related findings to physicians and assist in training others. Evaluates patient care appropriate to the age specific needs of all patients.
Details of the Position
- Writes comprehensive patient history gathering appropriate information from patient, patient’s record and family members to include seizure types, date of last seizure, other neurological symptomatology and medications. Explain tests to patients and family members present.
- Measures and applies electrodes in a timely manner, according to the International 10-20 System, ensuring that electrode impedance meets standards. Performs EEG records; routine, sleep, bed side and electrocerebral silence recordings. Implements alternative methods or adjusts controls to obtain optimal recording. Take appropriate actions to ensure patient safety (electrical) at all times.
- Recognize artifact (patient or environmental); documents eliminates or takes proper measures to monitor the artifact.
- Clean and keeps equipment within proper biomedical operating standards of appropriate calibrations. Troubleshoot problems for repair and arrange for their repair as necessary.
- Work collaboratively; apply positive interpersonal skills in working with patients, families, caregivers, and physicians.
- Apply basic neuroanatomy and physiology, basic electronics, electrical safety, general knowledge of EEG instrumentation, pattern recognition, and various medical and pharmacological conditions which influence the EEG recording while testing.
- Independently performs ambulatory EEGs. In inpatient setting, may also independently perform evoked potentials.
- Independently performs application and runs ambulatory LTM EEG tracing and scans for abnormalities,
- Performs other duties as requested.
What You Bring
- Graduate of an accredited Neurodiagnostic Technology Program or an Associate’s degree in related field OR recognized clinical skill allowing eligibility for examination by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in neurodiagnostic testing.
- Registered by the American Board of Electroencephalographic Technologists in at least one of the following; R. EEG T., R. EP T or CNIM.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification is required at date of hire.
- Effective problem solving and prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Effective communication skills with ability to promote positive working relationships.
- Experience using Microsoft Office or ability to become proficient within first three months from date of hire.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Jennifer, [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date..
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.