***Sign On Bonus $3,500***
PeaceHealth is seeking a Ophthalmic Technician Certified for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.02, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date..
Spotlight on Vancouver - YouTube
Responsible for assisting the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist in providing office based patient care and performing ophthalmic clinical duties as directed including various testing, instilling medications, order processing, and documentation in the electronic medical record. Independently performs certain patient testing within scope of practice.
- Room patients; obtain ocular, medical and family history; instruct patients regarding medications, tests and procedures; coordinate patient flow; and update patient’s electronic medical record.
- Perform testing as required and/or directed including measurement of visual acuity, visual fields, extraocular motions, intraocular pressure by applanation tonometry, and pinhole acuity; measure, compare and test pupils; and refraction as necessary.
- Record data as testing is performed and for physician during visit as scribe in the electronic medical record. Enter and process referrals and authorizations in the electronic medical record.
- Independently perform intraocular pressure, visual field and visual acuity testing.
- Prepare exam rooms. Room stocking, maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Contact lens dispensing, instill ocular medications, participate in telephone triage as necessary.
- Educate patient on eye care and contact lens care. May educate patient on surgical procedures as appropriate/required.
- Perform dictation/faxing/phone calls and other related clerical tasks.
- Process all associated coding, documentation, charting and referrals.
- Sterile processing of surgical instruments and diagnostic lenses.
- May complete scribe duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- In process or Completion of Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) training program or work experience and scheduled to take, or already passed, JCAHPO COT level examination.
- Minimum of one year experience in an office based ophthalmology practice preferred.
- JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certification required within 120 days of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to use office equipment and phone systems.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Ability to problem solve, organize and set work priorities with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and within different environments.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- WA MA Registration required within 120 days of hire
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.