PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Clinical Union Float Pool for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.01, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Spotlight on St John Medical Center: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5685
Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
Recently named one of Forbes Magazine’s prettiest American cities and a Tree City USA, is Longview Washington, an ideal location on the Columbia River and next to beautiful forests is just 40 miles north of Portland, Oregon, 2 hours south of Seattle, and a short drive to the beautiful Pacific coastline and year-round adventures on Mt Hood, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams. Here and in the other Lower Columbia communities served by PeaceHealth, you can enjoy the familiarity of small-town life, the challenge of working in a first-class regional medical facility, and the fun of living close to the beach, close to the mountains, and close to the big-city attractions.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Under the clinical supervision of a physician and the assigned RN, the Medical Assistant assists with patient care delivery within the scope of his/her certification within PeaceHealth Medical Group.
Details of the position:
- Professionalism: Participates in the advancement of healthcare practice through continuing education, self-development and contributes to the professional growth and development of other clinical staff.
- Responsibility: Demonstrates commitment to vocation and employer by dependability in reporting to duty as scheduled, punctuality in reporting on and off duty and compliance with the dress code.
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication: Demonstrates the ability to consistently maintain positive working relationships with other employees and clinicians and facilitates written and verbal communication through appropriate channels. Promotes a customer-focused environment at all times.
- Clinical Knowledge Competence: Demonstrates proficiency in application of clinical knowledge as it applies to patient care activities in a clinic setting, and has the ability to carry out technical skills within the scope of licensure in a safe and efficient manner under the direction of the clinician.
- Planning: Assists Clinician with planning patient care based on Clinician’s assessment.
- Provides Patient Care: Demonstrates the ability to deliver safe and efficient patient care to all assigned patients.
- Environment of Care: Promotes a safety-conscious work environment and maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
What you bring:
- 1 or more years clinical experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – Certified credential required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Effective prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time is required.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment is required.
- Ability to work within a self-directed team setting is required.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- State of Washington Medical Assistant –certified licensure required
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.