***Hiring Bonus may be available!***
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative - Family Practice for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.80, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. May register patients using varying methods depending upon location, which may include mobile cart.
- Collects patient balances, co-payment, co-insurance, or other payment types.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHMG and Outpatient Clinics:
- Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- Management of ED incoming phone calls, and may be required to provide switchboard coverage.
- Monitor OB Prosec/McKinley alarm system.
- May be required to assist with Cardiac Rehab departmental charge entry.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.