PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $29.85, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
***$15,000.00 Sign-On Bonus!***Relocation Assistance Available***
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Riverbend is a State-of-the-art tertiary, Level II Trauma Center and our team of 85+ Respiratory Therapists at Sacred Heart Riverbend work on clinical floors and pediatrics.
There are additional opportunities to work in:
- 44+ bed Adult Intensive Care,
- 36 bed Neonatal Intensive Care
- Neonatal Transport team, Pulmonary Function Lab
- 40+ bed Emergency Department and 20 bed Clinical Decision Unit
- Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Cross training to our 104-bed sister hospital University District.
We have a very active Caregiver Action Committee and collaborate with other disciplines and medical directors to provide evidence-based care for our patients.
PeaceHealth proudly provides:
- Robust Benefits
- Certification Pay
- Relocation assistance
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
- Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
- Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and workshops, as requested by Manager.
- Participates in various intermittent department tasks including, but not limited to, audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
- Washington caregivers who were employed as of 6/29/2014 that are licensed RCP but are not registry eligible due to the educational requirement (i.e., began working as a respiratory therapist when a 2-year degree was not required/available) will be grandfathered for this requirement.
- Must maintain RRT certification (e.g., CEU’s, etc.); exceptions for RCP’s noted above.
- Please note: May obtain within 6 months of hire, per language above under Education section allowing 6 months from date of hire to pass the RRT exam.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
Hospital or Sleep Center setting:
- Minimum of two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
- Experience in ICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a pulmonary function lab preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and troubleshoot all respiratory or pulmonary function related equipment, as applicable, in a quick and efficient manner.
- Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
- Good time management skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Additional Essential Functions of RTs in Hospital (inpatient):
- May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
- Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidence-based setting with appropriate changes.
- May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g., PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
Sacred Heart Medical Center - RiverBend and University District:
- Sleep Center: RPSGT certification required within 2 years of hire.
- ACLS required at time of hire.
- BLS required at time of hire.
- NRP certification required.
- PALS certification required.
- RRT required at time of hire, if applicant has been graduated from program longer than 1 year.
- Temporary licensure acceptable for new hires. Must obtain permanent licensure before expiration of temporary license. Temporary license is valid for 6 months and may not be renewed.
- Follow requirements of OAR 331 Division 30.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant obtaining permanent licensure.
Sacred Heart Medical Center - RiverBend – Pulmonary Rehabilitation (within Cardiac Rehabilitation department)
- Minimum one year of pulmonary rehabilitation experience required.
- If no applicant meets the pulmonary rehabilitation requirement, candidates with the following knowledge and experience will be considered:
- Experience exercising, monitoring and developing exercise prescriptions for patients with cardiovascular or pulmonary disease or other comorbid conditions
- Demonstrated skill in ECG recognition
- Able to articulate knowledge of the pulmonary rehabilitation industry
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.