PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Patient Financial Services - Admitting for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Evening position, hours 1500-2330.
Responsible for the selection, training, performance and schedules of assigned staff. Monitors overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize patient care and stewardship of resources with patient access. Oversees day-to-day work of Registration and Financial Counseling functions
Details of the position:
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance.
- Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department. Monitors daily activity and completion of performance and metric reports such as financial clearance reports; also can perform special projects and reporting when assigned.
- Conducts hiring, training, performance evaluations, schedules, act upon leave requests, timecards and participation in corrective actions of assigned staff. Ensures team is monitoring account workload daily through workflow management
- Oversees training, focusing on continuous improvement to optimize days in accounts receivable and cost to collect. Works with leadership to develop training and monitoring programs. Monitors productivity of assigned staff.
- Works with leadership to evaluate workflow, resources, equipment and expenditures, make recommendations for enhancements, purchases, streamlining processes and procedures. Identifies and communicate issues, backlogs, or opportunities that will directly impact patient satisfaction, patient throughput and financial clearance
What you bring:
- Minimum two years in healthcare billing, medical records, finance, business operations or patient registration is required.
- Previous leadership experience or training is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please email [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.