Take your career to the next level as a RN in the Intermediate Medical Care Unit (IMCU) at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
We currently have full time, part time and per diem positions available on both day and night shifts in Vancouver, Washington. **Sign On Bonus available for experienced nurses both on night and day shift.**
About PHSW IMCU:
- 30-bed Intermediate Medical-Surgical Unit, Phillips monitoring as well as 12 rooms outfitted for long-term ventilators
- Level II Trauma center serving all of Southwest Washington – one of only three trauma centers in the Portland area
- Regional Cardiac and Comprehensive Stroke Center
- 85,000 annual visits
- Outstanding team environment: collaborative approach among our multidisciplinary teams including RN’s, RT’s, Inpatient Therapies, Chaplains, Providers and Leadership.
- Incentives for education and professional growth through yearly education compensation, financial assistance for qualifying degrees, and additional compensation for advanced degrees and specialty certifications.
Details of the position:
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
Why you’ll love working in IMCU:
- 12-hour shifts with flexible scheduling
- 3:1 and 4:1 assignments
- Didactic education courses specific to Intermediate Care
- Potential for extra hours and incentives
- Highly engaged leadership team as part of the Critical Care Service Line
- Strong team-oriented unit with emphasis on staff and patient satisfaction
- Unit-Based Council that allows your opinions and ideas to be put into action
- Opportunities and incentives for higher education
What you bring:
- Current Washington RN licensure required by date of hire.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required by date of hire.
- Acute RN experience required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Why choose PeaceHealth:
- Relocation package for candidates moving to the area.
- Starting wage of $42.59 an hour (more depending on experience).
- 15% differential for per diem positions.
- Great shift differentials (up to $6.25/hr).
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and advanced certifications
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off for Part/Full Time.
- Tuition Assistance for eligible caregivers.
- PTO with no waiting period for Part/Full Time.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers. Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Would you like to learn more before applying? Please contact Erica Carr, Recruiter, at [email protected]
PeaceHealth is a non for profit, Catholic Health Care System with 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Washington, Oregon and Alaska. We value our communities and provide care in a holistic manner following our core values of respect, stewardship, collaboration, and social justice truly that are embedded in each and every caregiver working at PeaceHealth. Come join the team!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.