Take your career to the next level as an Assistant Nurse Manager in the Rehab Therapy unit at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
You will join a multidisciplinary team (including MD, rehab nursing, case management and therapy disciplines) that work towards the common goal of maximizing function for safe community discharge. Our Inpatient Rehab unit is a 14-bed (all private rooms) newly remodeled, hospital-based physical rehabilitation program specifically designed to help patients become as independent as possible following an injury or illness.
About PHSW Rehab:
- Acute inpatient rehabilitation unit established in 1993
- CARF accredited since 1996
- CARF Stroke Specialty Program Designation since 2005
- Level II trauma rehabilitation designation
- Comprehensive rehabilitation continuum
- Specialized physician certification in rehabilitation medicine and brain injury
Details of the position:
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe, and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools, and environment in which are is provided.
- Provide leadership, management, and communication skills to department.
- Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling, and documentation of personnel actions.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
- Promote, establish, and maintain open communication.
- Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
Why choose PeaceHealth:
- A collaborative leadership and clinical education team.
- Relocation Assistance if new to the area.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Generous PTO accrual with no waiting period.
- A hospital on the Magnet journey.
- A mission driven non-profit healthcare system.
- Annual Salary range starts at $104,500, more depending upon experience
Interested in applying? We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Current Washington RN licensure required by date of hire.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required by date of hire.
- BSN required or actively enrolled in program with a targeted graduation date w/in 3 years of date of hire.
- Minimum of three years applicable nursing experience required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
About PeaceHealth: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers. Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Would you like to learn more before applying? Please contact Erica Carr, Recruiter, at [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.