PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Technician for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.78, more depending on experience.
Join a caring and cohesive team where you’ll use your customer service skills with a variety of patients to ensure the Emergency Department runs smoothly!
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services.
*** $2,500 Sign-on Bonus *** $2,500 Sign-on Bonus *** $2,500 Sign-on Bonus *** $2,500 Sign-on Bonus ***
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care: receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program, Medical Assistant program or EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) program*.
- Minimum of one year work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or EMT required.
- Prior acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Washington: Current Nursing Assistant certification in the state of Washington or Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant Phlebotomist
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Completion of ED specific competency-based education
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.